How To Become a Dental Hygienist?
Dental Hygiene Program at Lamar Institute of Technology
1. How To Become a Dental Hygienist?
- Graduate from a CODA accredited Dental Hygiene Program
- Pass the Dental Hygiene National Board Exam and a regional clinical exam
- Pass the state’s jurisprudence exam
- Register with the state’s dental board
2. Dental Hygienist Education Requirements.
The minimum is an Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene
3. How Long Does it Take to Become a Dental Hygienist?
For an Associate of Applied Science it usually takes about 3 years including the prerequisites. After acceptance in the Dental Hygiene program, it takes 2 years to complete the Associate degree.
4. How Much Does a Dental Hygienist Make?
Starting salaries are around $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 a year.