Fall 2023 Commencement will be at
6:30 P.M. Thursday, December 7, 2023
Neches Arena at the Montagne Center
4401 S Martin Luther King Jr Pkwy
If so, please be sure to complete the Graduation Checklist by November 3, 2023.
Join us for rehearsal at the Neches Arena at the Montagne Center at 10 a.m. December 7th.
Would you like to address your fellow graduates? Become a commencement speaker, please see the application process below. Applications must be submitted by November 10, 2023.
Verify that all degree requirements have been met or are in-progress to be met Fall 2023 term. You can review the degree audit in DegreeWorks, which is located on your MyLIT account.
Complete the Intent to Graduate form and submit it to your department by October 30, 2023. A student must have submitted a Graduation Application by November 3, 2023 for their name to listed in the commencement program.
Click Here for the "Intent to Graduate" form
Your department will evaluate your degree audit for graduation. If you’re cleared as a candidate for graduation, the graduation status on your audit will update to complete, pending final grades of the term.
- Requirements will be checked off and it will state the "Graduation application accepted-Congratulations"
- If your audit needs further review, your audit will indicate further review is needed by your academic advisor.
- If you are no longer a candidate for graduation, your audit status will state "Your graduation requirements for the term were not met - Contact your department advisor."
- Applications for Fall 2023 graduation are available on Self-Service Banner beginning September 11, 2023 through November 3, 2023.
- The online application will ONLY be accessible after your "Intent to Graduate" form has been processed.
- An email will be sent to your LIT student email with directions on how to apply.
When applying, verify the following:
- Degree/Major is correct
- Name, you can only change your middle name
- If your first or last name has changed, you must submit an official request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate you are graduating in the subject line. Official corrections must be received by November 3, 2023.
- If you need to correct capitalization, add periods or add a suffix (Jr. Sr. I, II...) you can do this when you apply or contact Student Services at the emails provided below to make the correction by November 3, 2023.
- Mailing address
- Indicate if you plan to attend the commencement ceremony? If your plans change after submitting your application notify Student Services, no later than November 3, 2023.
Rehearsal for Commencement will be on held the Montagne Center. Date and time yet to be determined.
Fall 2023 Commencement will be held on Thursday, December 7, 2023. Please note that you must have applied for graduation to participate in the ceremony.
- Benefits of attending
- Publicly recognize your achievement
- Name and honors (if applicable) announced
- Celebrating with fellow graduates in your department, faculty and staff, family and friends
- Professional photographs will be taken and students will have the opportunity to purchase copies
- Dress code
- All graduates must wear graduation regalia (cap and gown).
- Cap and gown can be purchased at Lamar University’s Barnes and Noble Bookstore or lit.shopoakhalli.com.
- Arrive dressed in your regalia.
- Please leave all purses and other personal items with someone as you are not allowed to have any personal items with you in your assigned room or during the ceremony.
- Please follow instructions of the designated faculty and staff members. They are there to assist you and make sure the ceremony starts on time and proceeds orderly.
- Graduations candidates will receive name cards, honor cords, and veteran cords upon check-in.
- Guests of graduates should be seated 15 minutes prior to ceremony start time. Guests do not need tickets, andthere is not a limit on the number of guests per graduate.
Congratulations on your achievement!
Your degree will be conferred and your official transcripts updated with your conferral date after you are cleared for graduation (no remaining requirements, final courses in progress successfully completed) at the end of the term. Your diploma can be picked up at the Eagle’s Nest one week after Commencement Ceremony, December 14th. If you need your diploma mailed, there is a $6 fee, and we ask that you allow up to 2 to 4 weeks to receive your diploma by mail. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not constitute official graduation from LIT; your degree must be conferred before you are considered a graduate of LIT.
** There is no fee required to receive your diploma. However, all outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to the release of diplomas.
- Be sure to check your student account balance on Self-Service Banner or by contacting Cashiering at (409) 839-2064
- If you haven't completed your "Exit" Loan Counseling Session, contact Financial Aid at (409) 880-2137
You must submit the following by Friday, November 10, 2023 to the e-mail: email@example.com:
- Cover page with the following information:
- Student ID Number
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Degree or Certificate Program
- Graduation Date
- Copy of 5 minute speech to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clarity of ideas
- Appeal to a broad audience & common experiences of LIT students
- Quality of speech content
- Length of presentation (no longer than 5 minutes)
- Speaker's delivery - well prepared, engaging, vocal variety, animated delivery, stage presence