Lamar Institute of Technology's Testing Center provides a full-service testing facility for students and the community. Assessments are offered in a comfortable, secure testing environment. Exams range from student placement exams, Institute program exams, national licensures/certificates and state certifications to testing for area business and industry.
On the right side of this page, see a list of testing organizations who partner with Lamar Institute of Technology. For more information about exams, call the Testing Center at 409-839-2027 or 409-880-8687 or contact the certifying agency through the link provided. You may also visit the Testing Center in the Eagles' Nest Building, Room 115.
Beaumont Location and Contact Information
P: (409) 839-2027
P: (409) 880-8687
PO Box 10043
855 E Lavaca
Eagles' Nest Room 115
Beaumont, TX 77705
September 2019-December 2019 Testing hours for LIT-Beaumont
Hours of Testing (Subject to change):
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays (testing hours) - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays - 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays (testing hours) - 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Shortened Day (12/18) (testing hours) - Group testing - 1:00 p.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Saturdays (10/12, 10/26, 11/9, 11/16. 12/7, 12/14) Appointment Only - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.**
- 10/23, 11/20, 12/11- NO WALK-IN TESTING - Group Test Only - 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- 11/27-11/29 - CLOSED 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- 12/19/19-1/3/20- CLOSED 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. (Chritmas)
TESTING IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT THE FRANK ROBINSON CENTER IN SILSBEE.
CALL 409-386-0225 OR 409-386-0065 FOR APPOINTMENT. Testing times and dates vary from Beaumont.
- All testing dates, times and prices are subjected to change at any time.
To ensure we are available for walk-ins, please call first.
- **Saturdays are by pre-paid appointment only! **NO walk-ins for Saturday testing.
- *May be able to do walk-ins depending upon volume and hours available-call first.
Lamar Institute of Technology will not refund any test fees for completed examinations or assessments. Students who do not appear for a scheduled examination will not receive a refund. Students that do not call the Testing Center within 24 hours before a scheduled examination will not receive a refund. Lamar Institute of Technology will refund test fees for cancelled exams or assessments if the candidate presents a receipt within 30 days of the exam date or payment transaction.
- DO NOT BE LATE. There may be a person testing after you.
- You must present a current ID with your signature and photo (school ID or valid/current driver’s license). NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Sign in. All test materials are provided (calculators, pencils, scratch paper, etc.).
- Receive scores immediately upon completion of exams.
- NO REFUNDS FOR COMPLETED ASSESSMENTS!
Needs for special accommodations must be identified and documented in the Special Populations Office, located in Student Services in the Eagles' Nest Building, Room 123 or by calling (409) 880-1737. Once appropriate documentation of disability is reviewed, recommendations will be arranged for testing and the classroom environment. Please alert Testing Center staff of needs well in advance of test date, so arrangements may be made with the office of Special Populations.
Silsbee Location (Frank Robinson Center) and Contact Information
P: (409) 386-0225
P: (409) 386-0065
1355 W. Martin Luther King Drive
Silsbee TX 77656
Silsbee hours of operation: By appointment only. Payment must be credit or debit card. The Silsbee location only tests for TSI, WorkKeys and DSST.