Dental Hygiene - Associate of Applied Science
APPLICATION CHECK LISTA complete application packet includes the following:
- Complete the online Dental Hygiene Application. It is not necessary to apply to LIT to apply to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Submit all official college transcripts for colleges/universities attended. It is not necessary to submit transcripts from courses taken at Lamar Institute of Technology.
Official transcripts must be sent to the Dental Hygiene Application Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org delivered in person to the address below. For an emailed transcript to be considered official, it must be emailed directly from the college where attended.
- Due to COVID, observation hours have been eliminated.
- Documentation of Dental Assisting experience must be emailed to email@example.com. Work experience must be documented on the dental office's letterhead and signed by the dentist.
- Copy of the Dental Assisting National Board Certification, if applicable, must be current. The certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. No exceptions. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all supporting documents are on file by the deadline.
- You will be notified of your application status through email. You will not receive a letter in the mail.
Dental Hygiene Observation Form, Dental Assisting experience documentation, and Dental Assisting Certificates can be emailed (email@example.com) or personally delivered to the following address:
|Personal Delivery Address|
|Dental Hygiene Committee
Multi Purpose Building, Office 218
Lamar Institute of Technology
802 E Lavaca
Beaumont, TX 77705
- Each licensing authority that may issue an occupational license to an individual who completes an educational program must establish guidelines which state the reasons a particular crime is considered to relate to a particular license and any other criterion that affects the decisions of the licensing authority.
- Local or county licensing authorities may issue additional guidelines related to criminal history. Applicants should contact their respective local or county licensing authority for more details.
- A person may request a criminal history evaluation letter regarding the personal eligibility for a license issued by a licensing authority under Texas Occupations Code 53.102.