Benefits, Retirement, Employment Opportunities and more
Lamar Institute of Technology's Human Resources department is passionate about serving LIT's workforce so that our employees can better serve our students! Our passion extends to our applicants, who are considering career opportunities within our organization. This is a great place to work! Our goal is to attract, hire and retain a highly-qualified and diverse workforce.
WHY WORK AT LIT?
LIT is a Texas state agency, and our employees enjoy excellent state health insurance benefits, participation in the State’s pension plan for retirement and generous time off. Below are a few examples of these superb benefits!
- There is NO WAITING PERIOD for health insurance coverage, and employee-only medical coverage premiums are 100% paid by the state!
- LIT employees enjoy SEVENTEEN (17) built-in days off, including TWO (2) weeks off for Winter Break!
- Vacation Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, with a maximum earning potential of approximately SIX WEEKS off per year! This is in addition to the built-in days off!
- Sick Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, and there is NO MAXIMUM accrual! You can even use sick time to care for your immediate family when they are sick.
- LIT helps pay for you and your immediate family's education!
- Other benefits offered include flex and heath savings accounts, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and short and long-term disability insurance.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including and as it pertains to pregnancy and wages), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, and/or retaliation.
The Annual Security Report is available online here. This report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); programs to prevent dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; the procedures the Institute will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in non-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the Institute or a recognized student organization; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report, you can stop by Lamar Institute of Technology, Eagles Nest, Room 128, at 855 East Lavaca, Beaumont, TX, 77705, or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 409-247-4383 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please email the Human Resources department at email@example.com or call at (409) 981-6824.