Benefits, Retirement, Employment Opportunities and more
Human Resources adds value to the Lamar Institute of Technology’s experience with employment opportunities and processes, professional and career development, access to career information, a policy structure for equitable and transparent resolution of issues, employment data and records, compliance with our legal obligations as an employer, as well as an array of health and retirement benefits.
WHY WORK AT LIT?
LIT is a Texas state agency, and our employees enjoy excellent State health insurance benefits, participation in the State’s pension plan for retirement, and generous time off. Below are a few examples of these superb benefits!
- There is NO WAITING PERIOD for health insurance coverage, and Employee-Only medical coverage premiums are 100% paid by the state!
- LIT employees enjoy SEVENTEEN (17) built-in days off, including TWO (2) weeks off for Winter Break!
- Vacation Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, with a maximum earning potential of approximately SIX WEEKS off per year! This is in addition to the built-in days off!
- Sick Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, and there is NO MAXIMUM accrual! You can even use sick time to care for your immediate family when they are sick.
- LIT helps pay for you and your immediate family's education!
- Other benefits offered include flex and heath savings accounts, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and short and long-term disability insurance.