Truck Driving Academy
We are seeking qualified part time instructors.Please click here to apply for a part time position!
Lamar Institute of Technology's (LIT) Professional Truck Driving Academy offers a Class "A" Commercial Truck Driving License Training Program, a Class "B" Commercial Truck Driving License Training Program, and Refresher Training Courses.
With a critical nationwide shortage of professional drivers, commercial truck driving opportunities for local, regional, and over- the- road (OTR) positions have never been better! Jump-start your career by completing LIT's Professional Truck Driving Academy Class "A" program in as little as 6 weeks or LIT's Professional Truck Driving Academy Class "B" program in as little as 3 weeks, and put yourself in the driver's seat of your future career!!
All students are required to have their CDL Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) before registering for the class. Download the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver's Handbook to prepare for the course.
Study these Sections in the Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers Handbook to prepare for your CLP test
The following 3 sections should be studied to pass the general knowledge section of CLPtesting
- Introduction section 1-1
- Driving Safely section 2-1
- Transporting cargo safely section 3-1
The following 2 sections are also required to pass CLP testing
- Air Brakes section 5-1
- Combination Vehicles section 6-1
To find out more information about the program, including class dates, costs, and funding options, click here! or call 409-257-0052
- Class "A" Commercial Driver License Training
- Class "B" Commercial Driver License Training
- Advanced Refresher Course
- Refresher Course
- Restriction removal only Course (contact us for more information)
Completing the registration application does not enroll you in an upcoming course. Dates, times and cost are subject to change wihtout prior notice.
To begin the application process students must:
- Complete the application for one of the following courses:
- Upload an Applicant Questionnaire
- Upload a (Type 2) 3 Year Driving Record from the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Upload a copy of DOT Physical Examination and Drug Screen Results
- Upload a Valid CDL Learner's Permit
- Upload a copy of a Valid Social Security card and Driver License
It is a requirement of the Academy that applicants use the Texas Department of Public Safety Beaumont Facility, located at 7200 Eastex Freeway in Beaumont, Texas, for all Academy testing requirements. The applicant's driving record, physical exam and drug screen results must meet DOT standards to qualify for acceptance in the Academy. Admission is on a first come first serve basis. Start dates scheduled after all required documents and payment or letter of intent for payment from a sponsoring agency are complete. Tuition payment will not be collected until an individual has satisfactorily met all admission requirements and been officially accepted into the training program. The Academy will notify applicants as soon as possible concerning their acceptance status.