We are seeking qualified part time instructors.
Please click here to apply for a part time position!
(Click on course title below for additional details.)
Completing the registration application does not enroll you in an upcoming course. Dates, times and cost are subject to change wihtout prior notice.
- be at least 21 years of age
- possess the appropriate valid Texas Commercial Learner Permit / Current CDL License
- pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical Examination and Drug Screen
- Request a (Type 2) 3 Year Driving Record from the Texas Department of Public Safety
- have a valid social security card & driver's license
To begin the application process students must:
- Complete the waitlist application for one of the following courses:
- Upload an Applicant Questionnaire
- Upload a (Type 2) 3 Year Driving Record from the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Upload a copy of DOT Physical Examination and Drug Screen Results
- Upload a Valid CDL Learner's Permit
- Upload a copy of a valid social security card
It is a requirement of the Academy that applicants use the Texas Department of Public Safety Beaumont Facility, located at 7200 Eastex Freeway in Beaumont, Texas, for all Academy testing requirements. The applicant's driving record, physical exam and drug screen results must meet DOT standards to qualify for acceptance in the Academy. Admission is on a first come first serve basis. Start dates scheduled after all required documents and payment or letter of intent for payment from a sponsoring agency are complete. Tuition payment will not be collected until an individual has satisfactorily met all admission requirements and been officially accepted into the training program. The Academy will notify applicants as soon as possible concerning their acceptance status.
The Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT) Truck Driving Academy does not accept financial aid, federal student loans, or payment plans for the $3,000 tuition fee. Full payment is required prior to beginning the program. There are some agencies in Southeast Texas that may help students with tuition and fees if the student meet the agency eligibility requirements.
You may contact the following agencies for more information:
|Southeast Texas Regional Planning Commission||409-899-8444|
|TWC Vocational Rehabilitation Services - Beaumont||409-924-7320|
|TWC Vocational Rehabilitation Services - Port Arthur||409-963-4700|
|Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas - Beaumont||409-839-8045|
|Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas - Port Arthur||409-962-1236|
|Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas- Orange||409-882-0302|