The mission of the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) is to help protect the lives and property of the citizens of Texas by developing and enforcing professional standards for the fire service which includes certification, training approval and testing, curriculum, and standards compliance.
Lamar Institute of Technology, in partnership with the TCFP, can now administer all commission certification written examinations for the LIT Regional Fire Academy as well as firemen from area fire departments.
State certification exams for the LIT Regional Fire Academy students will be scheduled by program faculty. Area fire fighting professionals must contact the Standards and Certification Division at the Texas Commission on Fire Protection to register for an exam.
Contact the Training/Approval and Testing Division for questions about exams at email@example.com.
Some TCFP exams are now available online! As of May 7, 2018, you may take the following TCFP exams online:
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighter
- Arson/Fire Investigator
- Basic Wildland Firefighter
- Basic Fire Inspector (This is a 2-hour exam and will not INCLUDE THE PHRASE W/PE1)
- Basic Fire Inspector W/ PE1 (This is a 3-hour exam and it will state on the eligibility form if their test includes PE1 this test will be dropped off the list once all old training has been tested or expires)
- Code Enforcement Inspector
- Driver Operator-Aerial
- Driver Operator-Pumper
- Fire and Life Safety Educator
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Incident Safety Officer
- Inspector I
- Inspector II
- Inspector Combine (Inspector 1, 2 and Plan Examiner 1)
- Instructor I
- Instructor II
- Instructor III
- Mainr Fire Investigator
- Officer I
- Officer II
- Officer III
- Officer IV
- Plans Examiner I
We will update as more exams are added to the online platform.
TCFP not available online:
- Structure Firefighter
- Firefighter 1
- Firefighter 2
- Intermediate Wildland Firefighter
If you have questions or wish to make an appointment, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
855 East Lavaca Street
Eagles' Nest Building Room 115
Beaumont, TX 77705