In-Service Training Schedule
Regional Police Academy
- July 7, Canine Encounters MORNING - TCOLE# 4065, Instructor Valdez, Big Classroom 252, Limit 12
- July 7, Interacting with Deaf/Hard of Hearing Drivers AFTERNOON - TCOLE# 7887, Instructor Bush, Big Classroom 252, Limit 12
- July 9, CITP - TCOLE# 30418, Instructor Bush, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- July 12-16, CIT - TCOLE# 1850, Instructor Tom Lee, MPC Conference Room, Limit 25
- July 19, Racial Profiling/Asset Forfeiture MORNING - TCOLE# 3257, Instructor Lockett, Big Classroom 252, Limit 25
- July 19, ID Theft AFTERNOON - TCOLE# 3277, Instructor Lockett, Big Classroom 252, Limit 25
- July 21 & 22, SIT - TCOLE# 3232, Instructor Nixon, Big Classroom 252, Limit 25
- July 26-30, Basic Instructor - TCOLE# 1014, Instructor Suarez/Bush, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- July 28, De-Escalation - TCOLE# 1849, Instructor Arnold, Big Classroom 252, Limit 25
- August 3 & 4, Use of Force - TCOLE# 2104, Instructor Warner, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- August 12, Human Trafficking - TCOLE# 3270, Instructor Cardnales, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- August 17-19, New Supervisors - TCOLE# 3737, Instructor Delacerda, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- August 23-27, Crime Scene Core - TCOLE# 2106, Instructor Boaz, MPC Conference Room, Limit 25
- August 30-Sept. 1, Arrest, Search, and Seizure - TCOLE# 2108, Instructor Chance/Lloyd, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- Sept. 14-17, Spanish for Law Enforcement - TCOLE# 2109, Instructor Barboza/Flores, Small Classroom 262, Limit 15
- September 22-24, Interview and Interrogation - MPC Conference Room, NO LIMIT, $470 per person, Sign up through John Reid site www.reid.com
Limits are in place due to class size, and in some cases student participation requirements. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
** Sign Up for the Interview and Interrogation is though WWW.REID.COM (NOT LIT)
All Training is Free to Law Enforcement in the Region unless otherwise noted in the posting. To register, email names, PID, agency and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org , unless otherwise stated. You must have your agencies approval before registering for any course listed.
Important Information: The Multi-Purpose Center (Paul and Connie Szuch Building) is located at 802 E. Lavaca in Beaumont, Texas. This facility is located across the street from the Main Campus of LIT. Training is held downstairs in the Conference Room and upstairs in the In-Service classroom # 262 and the Cadet Classroom # 252.
Any questions please call the LIT Regional Police Academy at 409-880-8022.