Printer Friendly Page
Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT) and Texas Guaranteed (TG) have teamed up to provide you a Web-based way of
applying for a Stafford loan called TG Loans By Web (LBW). This site will guide you step-by-step from application
to completion of a guaranteed loan. The following provides you an overview of the process.
- Students interested in applying for a Stafford Loan at LIT must have completed a FAFSA application and ALL
campus-based paperwork prior to submitting a Loan Worksheet.
- First-time borrowers must have attended a Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling session at LIT.
- Applicants must complete a Loan Worksheet and submit it to the Student Financial Aid office.
- Certified (approved) Stafford Loans will be transmitted to LBW by the LIT financial aid office.
- An electronic message will be sent to your e-mail account indicating loan transmission and instructions for
completing the loan process.
- Allow approximately 20 minutes to complete the application process.
- Download Adobe Acrobat to print your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities.
- You may have the option to electronically sign an MPN with certain lenders. If so, you must use the
Personal Identification Number (PIN) previously obtained in the FAFSA process or request a PIN at
- DO NOT send the signed MPN to your school. Your school will be notified of a loan guarantee electronically.
- Lamar Institute of Technology will not receive loan funds until you have completed an MPN through LBW.
If using an out of state lender (not listed in LBW), you must contact the financial aid office at LIT.
- Click on the link below to start the application
- Select “Complete a Loan Award”, then choose an award. You must Guarantee a Subsidized Stafford Loan before an
Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (each loan must be guaranteed separately).
- All students will have to complete online entrance counseling. To do so, click the Entrance Counseling link
on the left. Be prepared to provide two references including addresses and phone numbers. Once finished with
counseling, you MUST RETAIN the confirmation number verifying your completion. Use the “Exit Back to LBW” button
once you complete your loan counseling.
- Update your personal information. If you are a continuing student and have received a Stafford loan from
LIT, your information should already be available.
- Review or enter your reference information, including addresses and phone numbers.
- Select your lender. Lenders that accept electronic signature are designated with an asterisk (*).
- Review and submit your loan award information. (Click “Back” at the bottom of the screen to make changes.)
- Print the MPN for each guaranteed loan type or request that TG print and mail the MPN(s) to you. You may
click “E-sign” to sign MPNs for lenders that accept electronic signatures.
- Click “Close”.
Click Here to Proceed to Loans By