The mission of the Lamar Institute of Technology Dental Hygiene Program is to produce entry level dental hygienists who meet the oral health care needs of the public.
The Dental Hygiene Program strives to ensure an environment which supports student learning. In order to facilitate the learning process, the program is committed to seeking and improving instructional strategies. Students play a role in the educational process and are encouraged to be self directed in their learning and to establish high standards of professional and personal excellence. In addition, the program strives to develop oral health care professionals who function as effective health care providers in a dynamic society.
- Provide a quality dental hygiene education.
- Provide competent faculty.
- Provide a modern, safe clinical and laboratory facility that supports the curriculum.
- Provide oral health services to the community.
- Participate in an active recruitment program.