- TAKE ENTRANCE EXAM
- The exam is a two and a half hour, 100 question, multiple choice, basic knowledge test. Upon passing the test, you will begin processing for the academy. The entrance exam is a competitive test as we only accept a total of 30 cadets a semester.
- VIEW TESTING DATES
Thursday October 1, 2015 1:00 pm
Friday October 2, 2015 9:00 am
Saturday October 3, 2015 9:00 am
Monday October 5, 2015 1:00 pm
Tuesday October 6, 2015 9:00 am
- Those who pass the entrance exam will be required to attend Cadet Orientation Wednesday October 14, 2015 1:00 pm
- There will be 24 seats per test date
- Call 880-8022 to reserve a seat for the desired exam date
COST $15.00 Entry level exam (money order only – no personal check or cash)
The test location is:
LIT Regional Police Academy
Multi-Purpose Center, Rm. 258
802 E. Lavaca St.
Beaumont, TX 77705
- COMPLETE ACADEMY APPLICATION PACKET
- You will notified by Academy Personnel if your score was high enough to complete an Academy application and complete steps 3-6.
- APPLY FOR ACCEPTANCE TO LIT
- You must be admitted to LIT for the term. To do this, you must submit an Application for Admission which can be downloaded from www.lit.edu. An official high school transcript must accompany this application and should be given to an Police Academy staff member.
- SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK (COST - $9.95)
- TAKE PHYSICAL EXAM / DRUG SCREEN
- Once you complete the application, you will receive information directing you to obtain a physical exam and drug screen from the approved provider. The cost will be approximately $200 which you will pay at the time you receive the exam. The results of all testing will be sent to the Police Academy. Please, no hair gel.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM
- From the approved provider. The cost will be approximately $200.00