Office: Multi-Purpose Center, Room 258
Address: 802 E. Lavaca St., Beaumont, TX 77705
Phone: (409) 880-8022
Since January 2009, the LIT Regional Police Academy has a 100% pass rate.
Independent Applicants must be 21 years of age by the first day of the course (Exceptions that comply with Rule 217.1 may be made at the Director’s discretion).
All Applicants must have:
- Received a high school diploma
- Received a high school equivalency (GED) certificate.
(This education requirement may be waived if the applicant has received an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after at least 24 months of active duty service) (OC 1701.255)
Independent Applicants must be examined by a physician authorized by the Academy and be determined
in writing within 180 days of the first day of the course to:
- Be physically sound and free from any defect which may adversely affect the performance of duty appropriate to the type of license sought
- Show no trace of drug dependency or illegal drug use after a physical examination, hair follicle test, or other medical test.
- Have no obvious medical condition or impairment that would preclude the applicant from fulfilling the requirements of the course
(The Director may, at his discretion, require such an examination at any time after acceptance into the course)
Independent applicants must demonstrate the ability to perform academically by passing a basic knowledge test.
Independent Applicants must pass a psychological evaluation by a physician authorized by the Academy, demonstrating them to be in satisfactory psychological and emotional health to serve as a peace officer.