If you are a first time in college student, a transfer student, or if you are returning after a semester or longer absence, make sure you complete the following:
- Fill out a Lamar Institute of Technology application.
Selective degrees require an
- Send an official transcript (high school, college, etc) to:
Lamar Institute of Technology
PO Box 10043
Beaumont, TX 77710
- Apply for financial aid (if needed)
- Complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity and take the TSI Assessment. The TSI Assessment must be taken at a certified testing center found at college in your geographical area. Upon taking the test, request that the test be sent to Lamar Institute of Technology. If you are not located within Texas, call the LIT Testing Center (409-839-2947) for arrangements.
- After receiving an acceptance letter from LIT,
contact an advisor to select and register for courses. Subsequent semesters you will be able to self register for courses within Self-Service Banner.
- Registration is not complete until you pay for your courses. You may pay for your courses within
The first time you log on to Self-Service Banner use your 8 digit student Identification. Your PIN is your 6 digit birthday (mmddyy) with no slashes, dashes, spaces (for example: 122584). You may change your PIN the first time you login. If you are not able to login, contact the LIT helpdesk at 409-839-2074, or